Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Solo day? Nothing got to do with this MV though!
A few Saturdays ago, I mustered up courage to wander into Johor Bahru alone. Oh well, it wasn't much of a solo trip though as I met up with my friend staying at JB who brought me around the town. The side of JB that I wasn't familiar with.

I admit I was a little too early. Or was I way too early? So I had a hearty breakfast at the Old Town at City Square, quenching my thirst with a cup of coffee. Perhaps it wasn't a really good thirst quencher, I got myself another cup, this time round with ice water.
So he came, and brought me out to the streets of Johor Bahru. The weather was fine so there wasn't much of a torture to walk since there is no scorching sun. We walked along Jalan Wong Ah Fook after getting out of City Square.

After walking about 10 minutes (or less), we reached a popular area in downtown Johor Bahru, where it is lined up with traditional shops famous for their food.

We walked past Kin Wah, a coffee shop that is famous for its coffee, toast and eggs. It was filled with people despite being past breakfast hours. We went across the street, to Maco Cafe & Bakery. We had their Hokkaido Milk Cake which was milky, soft and had layers of crepes in between. Together with hazelnut coffee, we spent a while chit chatting over at the cafe.
Just next to Maco is Hiap Joo. In fact, you see the long queue at Hiap Joo before you see Maco. Hiap Joo is a traditional bakery that I was told, make cakes using their traditional wood fired ovens. As the queue was long, we took a picture and moved on to our lunch location.

Opposite of Kin Wah is Hua Mui. We had fish and chips while looking out from the window at the JB downtown. Interesting is the interior and the old shophouse feel to it.
We headed back to City Square for more desserts. This time round we are thirsty so we went to a new outlet in City Square - Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol. Famous for its cendol in Penang, it has since opened an outlet in City Square so we need not travel all the way to Penang to try it.
After the cendol, it is time for me to head back to Singapore. Very Thankful to have my friend with me to bring me to see how the old JB is like.

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

Ads by Google
| Designed by Colorlib